EXCEEDING YOUR EXPECTATIONS
M. J. Electric’s goal is not to meet safety standards but to exceed them. We look at each task, identify the potential hazards, and mitigate those hazards every day. We believe no project is so important that it is worth someone getting hurt.
OUR SAFETY CULTURE
BACK TO TOP
From the President through our skilled craftworkers and back-office support, improved safety performance depends on making all employees accountable. We make it every employee’s responsibility to ensure:
- the safety program is carried out,
- everyone utilizes safety work practices,
- unsafe conditions are eliminated or controlled,
- necessary protective equipment is available and properly used,
- all personnel are instructed in safe practices, procedures, and job requirements,
- all accidents are thoroughly investigated, and the causes corrected immediately,
- and they are familiar with all safe working rules pertaining to their job.
Safety is critical to every project. Peer and management reinforcement have resulted in a proactive program and an industry leader.
We are proud to be an industry leader in safety performance and programs.
M. J. Electric, LLC is registered with several safety compliance organizations.
BACK TO TOP
We recognize that employee education is the cornerstone in the prevention of accidents and near misses. Safety training establishes a safety culture in which employees take ownership of our program and promote proper safety procedures while on the job.
Safety training is an integral part of the employee onboarding process but also requires regular “refresher” and “micro” courses to ensure that safety and best practices are reinforced at all times. All training is tracked to ensure qualified resources are available to safely and efficiently deliver construction services.
As part of Quanta Services, we have access to training through the Quanta Advanced Training Center and the Northwest Lineman College which offer specialized training across the electric power, pipeline, industrial, and communications industries.